Saturday, November 3, 2012

Lydia is still recovering from her big day on Thursday.  She was tired again today.  She has also been suffering from a very sore foot this past week, and on Friday her PT did some acupuncture to relieve some of the pain.  The fascia on the bottom of her left foot is inflamed, and so (like her mom!) she has plantar's fasciitits which makes her hobble.  She is required to rest her foot, use her wheel chair more, and take it easy - no more walks down the lane!  Lydia, while bothered by the pain of it, also views it as a set back in her goal to play soccer this spring season!  (We encourage her in her goals, but this one seems incredible!  Who knows what she will learn to do in the next 6 months?  We keep hoping and believing.)
Lydia regularly aspires to return to the activities she enjoyed previously.  After reading articles about Katelyn Osmond and Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir in school this week, she is keen to return to figure skating too!  With her flexibility, she is already practicing holding her leg up for a spiral.

We will weekly be taking Sundays off from updates.  May your day, tomorrow, be restful and restorative.  We are grateful for an extra hour of sleep.

A new worship song for us is 10 000 Reasons by Matt Redman, and we have sung the chorus many times this week.   Bless the Lord, Oh my soul, ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtwIT8JjddM&feature=player_detailpage

"10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord)"
[Chorus]
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

[Chorus]

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find


And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore