Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Today we celebrate the removal of Lydia's last tube - her G tube!  She is now tube free - breathing, eating, drinking, ...everything is working as it is designed to!  Psalm 130:13 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  All your works are wonderful, I know that full well!
The body's ability to heal, and recover, is amazing.  Lydia's doctor has told us that the G tube site will heal quite quickly, from the inside out.  Within hours, the stomach could almost completely seal.  The skin will take a bit longer, but will heal well in about a week. 
Lydia went swimming with Grandpa tonight, and put her face right in the water and kicked her legs.  She is determined to learn how to swim.  One of the sentences her teacher asked her to print was: I like swimming.  Lydia wrote: I love swimming.

Imagine with me, ten years from now ... Lydia is talking to a new acquaintance or friend, about the accident she had as a teenager ... showing the multiple scars on her head, her chest, her stomach from the different tubes that suppported her life, until she could survive without them.  I imagine the person shaking their head in disbelief as the story unfolds, .. what Lydia has lived through, by the grace and faithfulness of God.  I see Lydia smiling widely, as she shares how Jesus intimately made her new.
May God be glorified in that moment, and in each one preceeding it.  He is making her new.  We give Him thanks.