Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lydia has had another full, but good day.  She played more bean bag basketball, practiced walking, and balancing when she stands.  In OT, more testing today, to evaluate motor skills, while Lydia worked with large beads, pencil and scissors.  We may need to pull out the craft supplies this weekend!
Lydia's speech is become clearer - less slurred, and it also is starting to have more tonality.  Orignally, it was very monotone, as is comon with brain injury patients.  Tonight she talked on the phone, quite clearly, and she could be understood!  She asked how Fatso was, and then started to laugh.  She likes her caterpillar - I should say, her chrysalis. 
Lydia is using the toilet more and the commode less.  She is doing very well in this regard.
Often throughout the day today, I was praying for a friend in a difficult situation.  As I prayed, scriptures that have been meaningful to us, came to me, and I prayed them for her.  Be still and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)   Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
(Romans 12:12) and Philippians 4:7:And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  I was blessed to remember all that we have been lead through, and God's loving and faithful presence with us through it all.