Wednesday, August 8, 2012

This morning, when I told Lydia that our close family friends were coming to see her, her eyes got brighter and then a wide grin came.  Later this morning, the friend who was driving me home came to see Lydia, and as he went to show Lydia a picture on his phone, he accidentally hit the camera button and inadvertently took a picture of Lydia's shoe.  Lydia heard the click and responded with a smile and then a wide grin when she saw the photo on his phone was of her shoe, not the one he had intended to show her.  Moments like these, with quick and appropriate responses,  encourage us that our girl is 'in there'.  There are many non responsive moments in a day that are hard to see, and hard on our hearts.   We choose to not dwell on those ones, and cherish the moments of hope.
Jeremiah 3:27 Behold I am the Lord, the God of all flesh, is anything too difficult for me?
I was sent this verse today, and it resonated with my heart.  No, nothing is too difficult for you, Lord.  Nothing is impossible for you.  So with faith, and hope, we pray to the God of the impossible.  Bring your healing and your fullness of life.