Sunday, August 12, 2012

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy, 
    and with my song I praise him.

Our hearts leap for joy, and as we all sat together on the deck this morning, we sang and praised him.  God is good.  He is our strength.  We are thankful to  find strength in Him.
Lydia has had a good day.  She has continued to work on sitting criss cross apple sauce, and using the commode.  We saw one particularly purposeful movement that impressed us this evening.  Lydia had been lying on the floor, then sat up, and when she laid down again, she missed the pillow.  She reached behind her head, grabbed the pillow, and put it under her head!  Way to go Lydia! Keep going. We love you!  
Tomorrow morning we will return to Holland Bloorview, to more therapy, and to a family team meeting where we will hear the therapists goals for the next month for Lydia.
It is well with our souls.

When peace like a river attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll.
Whatever my lot,
Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.