Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 31 update

May 31, Track and Field day - a date that Lydia was anticipating.  She was going to represent Baden Public School in hurdles and triple jump.  She and James had built some hurdles at home so that she could practice on the lawn.    I loved watching Lydia run, the way her long legs would stretch out. 
Today, I carried in my heart the hope that she will recover, and, in due time, leap and run again.  It reminds me of the verse in Malachi 4:2: ... the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays, and you will go out and frolic like well fed calves.  I should ask my dairy farming friends what that looks like.  I imagine vibrancy and merriment.  I imagine LIFE.  That is what we are praying for Lydia.
James was with Lydia at the hospital today.  They did a CT scan this morning, to monitor her ventricle swelling, and then they removed her ICP tube and monitor this evening. Her vitals were stable.  Her temperature rose this afternoon, and so they applied ice packs.  She battled fever for most of the afternoon.  She was coughing quite a bit, which is a good indicator of her strength, and also of the infection. 
James borrowed a guitar from the hospital, and enjoyed time with his girl, while playing and singing to her, most notably a song that he wrote for her when she was a toddler. 
Tomorrow we will take the boys to Toronto, to see the hospital, and to see Lydia.  They have not yet seen her, so please join me in prayer, that this is a helpful and healing day for them.  May the sound of their chirpy voices also encourage Lydia.